top of page

Let’s Talk About Abs

Public·131 members

+![LIVE@STREAM]#! Daniil Medvedev vs Christopher Eubanks Live Stream Free Online on 12 July 2023

With only three rounds remaining in Wimbledon, Daniil Medvedev (No. 3) and Christopher Eubanks (No. 43) will play in the quarterfinals on Wednesday, July 12.

WATCH LIVE HERE

Daniil Medvedev is into the quarterfinal at Wimbledon for the first time in his career. The 27-year-old Russian, who is making his fifth appearance in the grass court major, entered the last eight stage after his fourth round opponent Jiri Lehecka pulled out of the contest due to an injury.

Medvedev was leading the Czech 6-4, 6-2 when the 2022 ATP Next Gen runner-up withdrew from the contest. Perhaps it was his three-hour-and-50-minute third round win over Tommy Paul that took its toll on Lehecka, who didn’t move well against Medvedev and needed a medical timeout after the first set.

Ranked no. 3 in the world, he now has a chance of reaching his sixth major semifinal. And he has a good chance of doing that as he has been in splendid form throughout the year.

The 20-time tour-level champion improved to 45-8 in 2023 and he is 6-2 on grass. He has played six finals and won five if them this year. Now he is two away from reaching another Grand Slam final. This has been by far his best showing at a major this year, after a third round exit from Melbourne and a shock first round defeat at Roland Garros.

Chris Eubanks seemingly has the support of both the British fans and some of the British players at Wimbledon after the American was spotted getting a good luck message from Liam Broady just hours before the former's match against Daniil Medvedev. Eubanks is somewhat of a late bloomer on the ATP Tour having enjoyed a breakout year in 2022 at the age of 25.

Despite Norrie receiving the majority of the support, Eubanks as well received on Court 1 and admitted after the match that he felt like an 'honorary Brit'. He said: "That’s pretty fair to say. The fans here have really, really been behind me. Even in my match against Cam… I felt like when I had good moments, they applauded and enjoyed good quality tennis.

In the deciding set, Eubanks broke in the first game but the Greek broke back in the sixth game. Eubanks restored the advantage by breaking back immediately in the next game and then he protected the advantage to seal a 3-6, 7-6 (7-4), 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 victory.

Eubanks, who won his maiden ATP title in Mallorca last month, has improved to 9-2 on the surface.

Eubanks had served 28 aces during a 4-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-3 win over Thiago Monteiro in the first round and he served 21 aces to upset 12th seed Cameron Norrie 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 7-6 (7-3) in the second round.

He then beat Australia’s Christopher O’Connell 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (7-2) in third round before upsetting Tsitsipas.

“I think since then, they’ve really, really gotten behind me this entire week. Yeah, I do feel a little bit like an honorary Brit and I hope they come in the quarter-finals and show me a little bit more support.” That support appears to have extended to the practice courts, where Eubanks spent an hour preparing for his match against Medvedev.

Christopher Eubanks' story is as good as his play has been at the Championship for the past week and a half. Eubanks had almost given up on a career as a top professional, becoming fellow American Donald Young's travelling hitting partner, before eventually vowing to give it one last go. Boy, has it worked.

Now at a career-high world ranking of 43, the 27-year-old has reached his first grand slam quarter-final a month after labelling grass "the stupidest surface" in the sport after his second round exit in the Surbiton Trophy in the Challenger Tour, one level below the ATP.

Medvedev and Eubanks have met just once previously, the Russian winning in straight sets in the quarter-finals of the Miami Masters earlier this year. Make sure to catch all the Wimbledon action by tuning into a Medvedev vs Eubanks live stream. Scroll down for details.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page